Many of you are wondering how you can get involved in participating in the Life: Simplified Project. We didn’t anticipate such a large response, so we made some adjustments in order to open the community up in a big way.
There are 3 ways you can get involved. You can choose to do one, or do all three. Totally your choice.
Do the Life: Simplified Project
You may be asking how to do this project. We have left the gates pretty wide open on this one, but it’s left a lot of room for questions and direction. We don’t want anyone confused on how this works, so if it helps to offer some guidelines, here they are.
- Choose an area or areas in your life that need to be simplified. In my case, I chose Home, Time Management, Food, and Homeschool. You can find more details on why and how in yesterday’s post. The areas are endless, however. Think about where or when you feel most overwhelmed. What can you do to simplify in order to bring more peace? It may be a matter of rearranging or changing things for a season. It may mean subtracting some things altogether in order to make space to breathe.
- Create goals in these specified areas. Next Monday I plan to post my goals for Home. I will give you a hint here: It will begin with a major purge. That’s one of my goals. In order to get my home into a more peaceful state, I need to simplify it.
- Begin working towards these goals. Then you can choose to do the following.
Pinterest Community Board
We have decided to open the Pinterest Community board for all those interested in joining the challenge and pinning their progress. You can write a blog post up and pin the post. You can take before and after photos and pin those. Also, feel free to pin tools and resources you find helpful in simplifying your life, including affiliate links (be sure to disclose), however, any spam will be deleted and multiple offenses will result in deletion of the pinner.
In order to join the board, you must follow these important steps so I can add you:
- Follow the board here. Pinterest requires members of a community board to follow the board before they can be added.
- Post your Pinterest name in the comments so I can add you. You can find this when you go to your Pinterest profile, at the end of the url. Like this —> http://www.pinterest.com/christinwrites/ <—- Although my name is Christin Slade, my Pinterest profile is under christinwrites.
Each Monday there will be a link up for those who would like to link up their posts and read the progress of others in the project. I find it’s important to remain inspired and motivated by reading other people’s stories. So please DO share your stories and your progress!! If you are not a part of the Pinterest board, we will pin your posts to it to help others and it will drive traffic to your blog.
You can visit the other bloggers leading this project here:
- Teaching What is Good
- Serving Joyfully
- Everyday Family Living
- Zohary Ross
- Brown Paper and Strings
- Simple Living Mama
- LaToya Edwards
- A Diligent Heart
- Queen of the House of Boys
Our hashtag for this project is #lifesimplified. You can use it on Twitter, Pinterest, and Google+.
Looking forward to a productive and meaningful 2014!