Milestone Books has provided me a free PreK ABC series in exchange for this honest review.
Preschool is such a great stage in many ways. Young children are free to explore and learn from play. While I have come across overly complicated (and very expensive) preschool curriculums, I really love how Rod and Staff’s preschool curriculum sticks to the basics.
When my eldest, now 11, was at the end of her third year, I started her on this preschool series. She enjoyed it so much, she worked through the entire series in just 6 weeks! That’s not to say it was over simplified, but because she enjoyed it.
Now, my youngest who is three, is thoroughly enjoying that very same series.
The ABC Series focuses on teaching colors, shapes, coloring, cutting and pasting, stories, following directions, and neatness.
The feature that sticks out to me the most that I appreciate, is teaching the children to focus on doing their work neatly and carefully. It is too easy to forget to train our children to work carefully when they are preschoolers, because, well, they are preschoolers. But trying to undo habits later is a lot harder than simply teaching it right the first time.
The instructions also put an emphasis on proper pencil holding. Again, something easy to miss or overlook. Holding a pencil the proper way helps to control and form letters neatly and easily.
In the grand scheme of complicated preschool curricula, the little things can tend to be overlooked, such as forming circles in the right direction (counterclockwise), so letters such as lowercase a, d, g, and q aren’t written backwards or with great challenge.
The pace of work can be left up to the parents. I tend to work with my son about 2-3 days a week, as he shows interest. So far, he has greatly enjoyed his lessons and usually asks me to do it.
I also love how affordable this series is.
Milestone Books is giving one reader a complete set of the ABC Series. It designed for children ages 4-5 but can be modified for younger or older children, if needed.
Books in the series include:
- Adventures with Books: Instill a love for reading early on. Teach your children to use their imagination and learn matching skills, cutting & pasting and following simple directions.
- Counting with Numbers: Easy-to-follow directions and clear black-and-white pictures help your child focus on leaning early counting skills.
- Do it Carefully: Help your child learn to follow basic directions by teaching them shapes, sounds, and matching skills. Practice word meanings, such as left/right and big/little.
- Everywhere We Go: More colors, shapes and sounds. Learning initial consonant sounds.
- Finding the Answers: Teach rhyming, carefulness and personal responsibility.
To Enter Giveaway:
Simply leave a comment sharing your favorite thing about your preschool child/children.
Be sure to visit Milestone Books for this PreK series and more!
Giveaway ends Tuesday at 11:59pm EST.
U.S. Residents only please. Winner will be chosen and notified by email. Winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen.